Live-in caregivers provide child care, senior support
care, or care of the disabled
in private households.
Once live-in caregivers complete a two-year work contract with a Canadian
employer, they can apply for permanent
residency in Canada.
The requirements to be a live-in caregiver are:
- have completed six months of full-time training in a classroom
setting or have completed one year of full-time paid employment (including at least six months of continuous employment with one
employer) within the three years as a live-in
caregiver immediately before a live-in caregiver submits an application
for a work permit
- applied for a work permit as a live-in caregiver before entering
- have successfully completed the equivalent
of secondary/high school in Canada (12
years of full-time equivalent education)
- have the ability to speak, read, and listen to English or French
at a level sufficient to communicate effectively
- have an employment contract with a future employer
If you meet
the requirements and have arranged employment to work as a live-in caregiver in Canada, please fill out a Live-in
Caregiver Free Assessment.