Investor program seeks to attract persons with capital and business experience.
As an investor, you need to make an investment of $400,000 (CAD). Your
investment money will contribute to the economy and create jobs in the
participating provinces. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will
return your investment to you without interest five years after you become
a permanent resident of Canada (landed immigrant).
You need the following in order to apply as an investor:
- Net worth of at least $800,000 (CAD)*
- Intend to or have made an investment of $400,000 (CAD)
- Business Experience (see below), or the management experience
of at least five full-time employees or its equivalents
* Net worth means the fair market value of all of the assets
(cash, bonds, stocks, personal property, and business) of you and your
spouse/common-law partner minus the fair market value of all of your liabilities.
An investor applicant must have managed and controlled a "qualifying
business" in your home country for at least two years in the five
year period before the date of application or decision of permanent resident
visa. "Qualifying business" cannot be a business of deriving
investment income (interest, dividend, or capital gains) and the business
must meet at least two of the following attributes
|Number of full-time jobs:
||at least 2 full-time job equivalents
|Total annual sales:
|Annual net income**:
**Net income means the after tax profit or loss of the business
plus remuneration by the business to you or your spouse/common-law partner.
*** Net assets means the assets of the business, minus the
liabilities of the business, plus shareholder loans made to the business
by you and your spouse/common-law partner.
Additional information about Investor category:
- There are no conditions attached to the Investor category besides
an investment of $400,000 (CAD) for five years. In other words,
investors receive an unconditional visa and do not need to start and
maintain businesses in Canada unlike Entrepreneur category.
- Investor is allowed to finance the investment of $400,000(CAD)
with a minimum deposit of 120,000 (CAD) through a financial institution
- The $400,000 (CAD) investment needs to be made before the visa is
issued to them.
- Citizenship and Immigration of Canada (CIC) will and is guaranteed
to repay the investment of $400,000 (CAD) after five years without interest.
- Citizenship and Immigration of Canada (CIC) will refund $400,000
(CAD) if your application is refused.
If you would like to immigrate to Canada as an investor, please fill
out an Investor